The Sole F80 folding treadmill has been updated recently, with the 2014 model proving to be more powerful and roomier compared to what it was at its debut. It is just one of the fitness machines which have shunned the misconception that you have to spend heavily in order to equip a home gym with machines that have enough specs.c
Sole treadmills are known for durability and efficiency, offering commercial-grade fitness at home because they have been superbly assembled by a company that is devoted to quality and customer satisfaction.
Despite being a medium priced machine, it offers great features which take care of the changing fitness needs that people may have. This review therefore unearths a number of important aspects, to help you decide whether this is the next best machine in your home gym or not.
What should you expect from the review?
- An overview of all the features
- A highlight of the key specs
- Special features that set it apart from other treadmills
- What other users say about it
- Video presentation
|The motor||endowed with a 3.5CHP motor, it can support a user weight of up to 375 pounds. The treadmill’s speed runs up to 12 mph, making it an ideal treadmill for runners and walkers alike. It is a remarkably quiet motor, with the treadmill having heavy-duty wheels to ensure that it is easy to move from one corner of the room to another.|
|Console||Sole F80 folding treadmill features a beautifully designed and finished console, which is convenient for use even in the middle of an intense workout. It displays continuous data all the time, including the calories burned, incline, speed, distance covered, pulse rate and the time taken. Incline and speed controls are conveniently located, so that the user can make necessary adjustments at any time.|
|Design||the treadmill features a compact design, since it can be folded and rolled around to save some floor space. Exclusive to this treadmill alone is the horseshoe design, which makes the unit look elegant and feel sturdy.|
|The track||the track is graced with plenty of features, which you cannot find in an entry-level treadmill. It is a two-ply track which runs over rollers measuring 2.75” to increase its longevity. Next is the super-sized workout area, measuring 60”×22” which comes close to the longest and widest track that you will ever come across.|
|Frame||Sole F80 folding treadmill comes with a double horseshoe design to increase comfortability. This particular creativity reduces excessive vibration and movement, making it sturdier than other treadmills which retail at the same price.|
|Warranty||Sole is one of the brands that have expressed unrestricted generosity with regard to the warranties that they offer on their products. The new F80 model carries a lifetime warranty on the motor and the frame, something that you barely see on a machine. Labor on the other hand is covered for two years, while electronics and all the other parts are enclosed in a 5-year warranty.|
|User capacity||375 lbs|
|Speed range||0.5-12 mph|
|Type of frame||folding|
|Accessories||cup holders and built-in speakers|
|Tread belt||two-ply double-woven belt|
|Incline||15 incline levels that are adjustable from the armrest|
What special features should you expect?
Cushion Flex Whisper Deck Technology
Sole is one of the companies that have embarked on the production of an individual system since 1992, which can reduce the impact and therefore protect joints as well as the back. With such technology, the company has successfully provided a safe platform for lite and aggressive users alike. This low-impact deck is particularly helpful of people who suffer disabilities and injuries arising from various forms of accidents.
One thing you cannot dispute is the fact that most treadmills are noisy. Motivation aside, most users will opt to watch television or even listen to their favorite music just to avoid the destruction that emanates from the treadmill’s noise. Sole F80 folding treadmill does the unexpected by reducing the sound of your steps no matter how strong the impact of your pounding may be.
It comes with built-in speakers, making it ideal for the user to play direct music from gadgets such as iPods and other MP3 players.
The Sole F80 folding treadmill has a wireless heart rate monitor, taking the pulse rate to ensure that you maintain consistency in the course of training. In the list of extra features is the built-in console fan, which maintains coolness and allows people to exercise for long. Lastly, the speed and incline controls are embedded to the armrests so that you easily adjust them to suit your needs.
What do other users say?
- I have used this machine for two years and can conclude that it is an excellent piece of fitness equipment especially when it is new. However, it develops issues within a short time. For instance, it began reducing the set speed gradually and could even stop at some point. This required me to get off the treadmill and reset it, which is a great inconvenience.
- We fell in love with this piece of fitness equipment immediately it landed in our house. My wife just loved its build and could even spend the entire day on the treadmill, something that has brought us issues at some point. However, its operation is quiet and I cannot realize it is running unless my wife seems missing from the main house. This is the kind of treadmill that I can recommend to a friend who desires to equip their home gym on a budget.
- No one thought that I could fall in love this much with workouts. Since this appliance arrived at our home, my husband barely gets any time on it. It has broken down twice but we always get a good service from console, something that has enhanced our trust of the brand.
What you will like
- Built-in speakers for entertainment
- A two-ply belt that lasts longer and protects the user
- A folding design that reduces the use of floor space especially when the treadmill is idle
- 15 incline levels that can be adjusted from the armrest
Things to improve on
- Armrests are rather low, which is a great challenge to tall users
- The controls are a little lower for someone who is above 6 feet tall