Let us take an in-depth look at the Weslo Cadence R 5.2 treadmill, which has become a popular choice among fitness enthusiasts who opt to take their workouts from home.
Together with its earlier partner identified as Cadence G. 5.9, you will enjoy an ideal cardio workout away from the crowded gyms or fitness clubs. It is one of the best rated but budget-friendly treadmills that you will come across in the market today.
Built for the first time in October 2012, you can be sure that it is an up-to-date fitness equipment, compact in design and expedient in performance. Providing cardiovascular workouts for any fitness level, it is a good fit for starters and those that are more advanced.
How is this review structured? Well, you’ll get:
- a list of this treadmill features described in detail
- it’s special features
- images and close-ups
- my conclusion and rating
- pros and cons lists
- a short video presentation
What features should you expect?
|A powerful motor||The consistent high performance that has been associated with this treadmill mostly draws from a strong motor. Built with a 2.25 continuous horsepower motor, everyone admits that it is not as strong as one would experience in some of the home treadmills. Particularly, it is not good enough for athletes especially those who wish to run at higher inclines and speeds. Even so, it is ideal for a user who needs a simple treadmill for walking and light jogging at home.|
|Design||The moment you step on this treadmill, you will realize how solid it feels irrespective of the fact that it is priced towards the entry level and mid-range treadmills. Even with increased running speed, you will steel feel comfortable on this treadmill. It is built with the popular patented comfort cell cushioning, the material which is capable of absorbing all forms of impact to leave your joints well protected as you run.|
|Incline||Cadence R 5.2 has an adjustable incline and it typically offers two incline positions. As the inline increases, the intensity of your workouts will be increased, which is a good chance for burning more calories.|
|LCD control panel||It is also equipped with an LCD control panel which is modest in design to allow you switch between any of the 6 pre-set workout programs. It is also designed to display important statistics which include your speed, calories that you have burned as well as the time that you have taken. With such a display, you can blend the programs in such a way that you attain cardiovascular health, lose weight and even develop exercise endurance at the same time.|
|Quick Speed Control||The control panels is also simple in design. You'll find a large button that you can use to vary the speed to meet your requirements.|
|Console||Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill features a computer console, which displays a number of readings including speed and time. Inclusive is also a heart rate grip, which records your pulse immediately your hands are placed on the handlebar.|
|The belt||The belt measures 16”×50”, which admittedly does not favor tall users. However, the belt contains a comfort cell cushioning system which absorbs all forms of impact to safeguards the back and joints against injuries.|
|Exercise programs||At its price, 6 pre-set workout programs are enough for home use. They are deeply focused on helping users to shed extra pounds and attain cardiovascular fitness in a safe environment.|
|Dimensions||The treadmill measures 64.5”×55.5”×29.0|
|Shipping weight||120 pounds|
|Warranty||The warranty may not be so appealing because the manufacturer has only offered a 90-days warranty on all the parts, the motor and labor.|
What special features make the Weslo Cadence R 5.2 treadmill better than the rest?
It is an ideal treadmill for small rooms and besides, it can be folded to save space when it is not in use.
A comfortable walking deck
While most of the treadmills have a walking deck measuring 20”×55”, Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill comes exclusive with a deck measuring 16”×50”. Such a compact design is what makes a treadmill comfortable to walk, jog or even run on.
- it comes with a bottle holder, wheels and folds.
Ease of assembly
With a similar design to Weslo’s G 5.9 treadmill, you will find its assembly ABC easy. The running deck and uprights which are meant to support the display come assembled, which means that you have little to do with regard to the set-up.
What do buyers say about it?
- It is one of the easiest treadmills to use so far. Whether you have used a treadmill before or not, the comfortable running deck allows you to step up and start your workouts without any prior experience. Since it can be folded, you don’t have to set aside some room specifically for the treadmill because it can be folded away into one corner immediately after use.
- It was the doctor’s recommendation that walk every day, something that I could not do outside because I was already battling a breathing problem. With very little left to spend on a fitness machine, all I could do was go for the most affordable treadmill. I am just grateful because I have complied with the doctor’s requirements, thanks to Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill. While I read reviews downplaying the effectiveness of this treadmill, I can only marvel at the service that I have received. After all, I can’t classify myself among the athletes who need high-intensity workouts.
- I was not quite sure that I was buying a treadmill at $360. On arrival, however, it was indeed an attractive machine despite the flimsy packaging. Within a short while of using the treadmill, I realized that it was not the kind of machine that could enhance my exercising needs. I cannot recommend it to anyone who has a long-term fitness goal.
What is the verdict?
The treadmill is of exceptional value if you’re considering the price. It may not have all of the features that grace the more expensive models but the reliability and performance that it gives is comparable. If you need a fitness machine that does not drain your pockets, this is perhaps the first model that you ought to consider.
- The cushioned running surface offers a safe working environment
- It is competitively priced for someone who has a tight budget
- It is quick and easy to assemble
- It comes with 6 pre-set workout programs
- The running belt is strong and safe, requiring lubrication only once per year
- the incline calls for manual adjustment
- the warranty is limited
- the maximum user capacity is 250 lbs, which is not ideal for heavy persons
Short video presentation
Latest posts by Misi Rock (see all)
- LifeSpan TR200 Compact Treadmill Review - August 17, 2015
- Is the GTR Power Pro motorized electric treadmill with adjustable incline worth the money? - August 14, 2015
- Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 Treadmill Review - August 11, 2015