Weslo is a company that specializes in fitness equipment. They don’t have a lot of models and that is because they keep attention on quality over quantity. Weslo Cadence G .9 treadmill is designed to be a personal trainer.
The one that will help you lose weight and increase running performance. If losing weight is your goal, this treadmill was crafted with you in mind.
What you’ll get from this review:
- A couple of facts about Weslo
- A detailed view on this product features
- What people are saying about the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- A conclusion including the Pros and Cons of the treadmill
- An infographic for an easy scan of it’s features
|Excellent Belt Construction:||The belt is 16" width by 50" length - giving you an average stride when working out. Being comfortable won’t be a problem because this treadmill features Comfort Cell Cushioning that will minimizing tension on your joints. You will get a smooth stride every time.|
|Motor:||The 2.25 HP Impulse Motor is enough to make this treadmill efficient. Like most treadmills it maxes out at 10mph.|
|Incline:||This treadmill has a 2 position manual incline. It allows you to decide the intensity of your workout.|
|Side Rails - Not an Issue:||Holding on to side rails is the quickest way to minimize the results of a great workout. The Weslo Cadence G .9 Treadmill doesn’t have a massive side rail attached to it, keeping you from the temptation to hold on while walking or running. The console has a small rail less than an arm’s length on each side if you do find yourself needing it.|
|Well Crafted:||According to Weslo, this machine will hold up to 250 pounds. Other websites are cohesive in their claims that the weight capacity is 275 pounds. The footprint on this machine is 64.5"-L X 29"-W X 55.5"-H, - it folds up vertically, allowing it to be stored easily.|
The main feature of this treadmill has got to be the weight loss presets. Each program was designed by a personal trainer for maximum weight loss capability. There are 6 programs in total that tailor your workout for weight loss. A heartrate sensor is built into the console too. You just have to place your thumb on the sensor for an accurate heart rate read. The blue tinted LCD display screen allows you to monitor your workout in detail. Time, distance, calories, and speed are all displayed throughout your workout.
Warranty: The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 has a 1 year warranty on the motor and 90 days for parts & labor.
How this treadmill stacks up to its competitors:
There really isn’t a clear winner when comparing the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill to the other budget friendly pieces of workout equipment on the market. The compact belt length and maximum running speed is exactly equal to others in its class. Even the amount of preset workout plans mirror treadmills like Weslo’s R 5.2.
Who should use this treadmill:
I’ve said before that this treadmill is designed for weight loss. While other treadmills focus on cardio and other health and fitness areas, the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is specifically built for losing weight. The presets take the guessing work out of figuring out what your body needs.
It can also be used for building endurance as it has the speed and inclines to give you an intense workout…. And because it is designed for walking and jogging, it is a good treadmill for seniors as well.
Stand out features:
Aside from being a weight loss life saver, a key feature is that for its price point it will deliver the workout it sets out to deliver. The smooth jog that I got from it was a nice touch. You will burn fat using this treadmill because I found that the trainer designed workouts are rigorous and don’t keep you at one level during your workout.
This is a compact treadmill and the design is pretty good. It’s not super bulky and the console houses everything that you need. It has a large running area but still folds up easily and doesn’t take up a lot of space. The safety cord is a little shorter than most, but the side rails are there if you need to come to a complete stop.
What people are saying
People are mostly saying good things about this treadmill.
- “I’m very impressed with my Weslo Cadence G 5.9. I love that I can adjust the speed increments from say, 1 MPH to 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.5 without having to jump to 2 MPH or 3 MPH, up to 10 MPH.”
- “Nice, inexpensive unit. Couldn’t have been more than 30 minutes from unpacking to using the assembled unit. Very happy so far.”
- “Great quality product for the money. I use this machine every day. It is a sturdy machine that is comfortable to use and is not too bulky. It has good built in walk/run exercises and has a nice place to put your iPad/iPod.”
What I think
This is not a high grade treadmill but for the price, you will be able to burn fat if you take advantage of the presets. All in all it does stand out from the crowd of other treadmills in the price range of about $300. It’s actually the one that I recommend the most.
Why you should buy
• This is a solid treadmill
• Easy to assemble
• Monitoring progress during workout is easy thaks to the high quality LCD display
Why you should’t buy
• Can be rather loud
• Manual incline
Latest posts by Misi Rock (see all)
- LifeSpan TR200 Compact Treadmill Review - August 17, 2015
- Is the GTR Power Pro motorized electric treadmill with adjustable incline worth the money? - August 14, 2015
- Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 Treadmill Review - August 11, 2015